CALL FOR A PROJECT MANAGER
Reference: BLUE BIOECONOMY INNOVATION PACT BlueBio Alliance_PM
BlueBio Alliance opens an international call to hire a Project Manager in exclusivity and full-time.
Blue Bioeconomy Innovation Pact is supported by Next Generation EU funds. The overall project focuses on supporting and embracing the challenge of reindustrializing Portuguese industries through the integration of blue biotech solutions in value chains, leveraging the sustainable use of marine bioresources to increase added value through decarbonizing innovation.
The Blue Bioeconomy Innovation Pact aims to bring the Ocean to shelves by investing in seven sectors: biomaterials applications, bivalves production, marine-based textiles, sustainability in the food sector; scale-up of algae production; circular feed solutions and bioinformatics for the fishing sector. In addition, three transversal initiatives overarching aim at accelerating the development and commercialization of products and services of the sector: the Portuguese Blue Biobanks network, a digital platform for the valorization of marine co-products, and promotion of startups and SMEs’ growth and internationalization.
The Pact is a cross-cutting investment plan focused on adding value to national industries through the development, integration, and creation of sustainable innovative solutions. It meets the growing interest from companies and consumers to actively contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and contributes to the EU Green Deal goal of climate neutrality by 2050.
BlueBio Alliance (BBA) is looking for a Project Manager who deals with the development and implementation of funded projects as well as direct assignments from funding entities.
Ideally, BBA is looking for a candidate who has already gained years of professional experience in developing and managing funded projects in the field of blue biotechnology. Background knowledge and/or experience in working with marine topics and especially science-business-policy communication is regarded as a key asset.
A key part of this role will be to manage and execute the tasks of the project and to make a positive contribution to the project´s success, working in a network of highly recognized institutions representing different ecosystems and sectors.
Primary responsibilities will include the management of the project – BLUE BIOECONOMY INNOVATION PACT, by working with a consortium to assess the objectives of the project.
Specific functions of the role will include:
- Build synergies and relationships among all the players of the consortium and the blue biotech ecosystem in the promotion and dissemination of results and activities, showcasing events of R&D projects and technology transfer, while facilitating contact with blue bio companies’ technologies;
- To promote blue bioeconomy through webinars and mentorship coordinated actions to accelerate the development of an innovative, inclusive blue bio-economy by enabling entrepreneurs to realize their sustainable, eco-friendly business ideas;
- Promote and stimulate the growth and internationalization of new innovative SMEs and the participation of the Consortium in national and international conferences.
Starting applications: 8th November
Closing application date: 30th November
Location: Portugal, Europe
Starting date: January 2023
Work Plan Activities
The work falls within the scope of leading activities of BlueBio Alliance:
- Management and execution of the tasks of the project;
- Support for carrying out dissemination actions at national, European, and international levels;
- Participation in events and work meetings related to the activities.
Start Date and Workplace
The full-time employment contract is expected to start in January 2023 and will last only for the necessary execution period of the work plan previously described, which is estimated to have a predicted duration of 24 (twenty-four) months, until 31-12-2024. The work will be developed remotely and in person according to the necessary locations for its execution.
Please fulfill the form with the documents:
- Motivation Letter in English;
- Detailed CV in English.
All candidates will be notified by email.
Admitted and excluded candidates list and final classification list will be available for consultancy and prior hearing.